Sunday, July 22, 2012

Ballin'

One of my favorite things is that Paul likes to go shopping with me. (Not clothes shopping, I can't even imagine what that would be like) We've been on a mission to find a few pieces for our new apartment and for the past few weeks, we keep visiting a flea market that constantly is getting new furniture. Yesterday, I was also on a mission to find blue Ball jars for wedding decor.
I knew of one booth that always had these jars (I had purchased from him before) and I got a steal of a deal. Five jars for $5 each. I was pretty proud of myself.

We also went to the flea market to find a desk for me to use. Space is at a premium, but I still wanted a space to work on my computer and craft without it being the couch. Walking along, we found this great dining table with two drop leaves. We had thrown around the idea of a small dining table and metal chairs like this:
And knew this could be the first piece of the puzzle.
It's very versatile and when not in use, we can keep the leaves down. When I need to work, pull one up. Voila! We were pretty excited about this purchase.

After leaving the flea market (read: no air conditioning in the warehouse), we went back to our neck of the woods and had milkshakes at Brent's. There is nothing better than a nutella milkshake. It wasn't all fun and games, we were actually there to interview one of their employees for a story coming out next week.
After our day, I knew we'd want something lighter for dinner and I had found just the recipe on Pinterest. Especially when we had three zucchinis the size of baseball bats from Paul's grandparents backyard, this was a perfect way to use some of them up. Recipe here.
Our only difference was not using tomato because we didn't have one. Making this again, I might microwave the potato slices for 30 seconds-1 minute. They were still a little firm when it was done.
Next to garlic chicken (also a Pinterest recipe), it was a perfect end to the day.
Finished by watching The Dark Knight so you-know-who can get psyched about going to see the next one. It's just a little too violent for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...