Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Yoga

Today, Deidre, Erin, and I went to yoga class. I've been inspired lately by the blog Kath Eats Real Food (see link on the right)- Kath does yoga a good number of times of week and is very focused on health and nutrition. I've been reading her blog for a while now and I've really been trying to focus on good food decisions (besides the beach) and changing up my exercise plan. I've done the same routine and I don't seen results and I'm pretty bored with it.

So, my friend Kaycie went to Pilates on Mondays and told me that she really liked it. I remembered back to my freshman year when Jill and I would go to Pilates every week, so I decided it wouldn't hurt to try again. I checked the group exercise schedule, told my cohorts, and away we went to the Payne Center.

The class was actually a lot of fun. It's interesting to see how I can lift (x) number of pounds on a machine, but feel completely different while doing Downward Facing Dog. I think I'll be the good-kind-a-sore tomorrow.

We did a couple of these:

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for you Sophie. I have heard that kind of exercise is very relaxing yoo.

    MaMaw

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...