Yes, this was our view last week. In the past few months, we noticed a small roof leak (from our flat roof) in our back room and later that a small portion of our wall paneling had swollen. Eeek! The fixed the source of our roof leak and tried a few things with our paneling to no avail. It was time to call in the pros.
After talking through it with our contractor, we decided to take out the door (that didn't even open), take out the overhang, tile up the outside and sheetrock the inside. As a bonus, we even got to add outdoor electrical outlets on the back and front (which we've never had!) and one on the inside.
Below, you'll see the panels (just to the right of the door frame) that were swollen. We found out our paneling was custom milled - we couldn't replicate it without costing a fortune.
After our awesome crew finished up, we painted to help cut down on costs. Luckily, it took no time at all!
Almost back together! We are so incredibly happy with the contractor and crew and their work. Now that we've been able to center the art and dining set, I'm on a mission to find a new rug. :-)