Friday, February 5, 2010

Smoothie Queen


One of the things I've really started to enjoy are smoothies. Mine, however, are a little different. For starters, they are green. I have read a couple food blogging sites and have seen "green monsters," smoothies made with spinach along with other items, mostly fruit.

So, I decided to try it out. Most of the ones I have seen are a bit earthy and the spinach taste sings through.

The mix I have found that works is:

1 banana
1 small (individual) container of low fat cottage cheese
A good handful of spinach
1/4 cup orange pineapple juice (may need more if you like a thinner smoothie)
1 packet of Splenda
4 ice cubes

Blend and enjoy!

I've also variated with raspberries and other fruit. This one is just sweet enough to not taste the spinach, but not terribly sweet either.

Have a great weekend!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. I never would have thought to put spinach with fruit. You are very creative.
    MaMaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. The truffles are delicious! (and I've only eaten two... so far)
    And it only takes 5 hours to get here from Jackson including layovers so you could totally make it for the tarts. Or you could just make your own. It's all fresh fruit (I used one frozen bag of each kind) plus a dash of sugar, orange zest (in the blackberry one) and a bit of fresh lemon juice. Dump all that into a pillsberry pie crust, make the edges pretty, brush with an egg wash, and bake at 350 for about 30 or 40 minutes. I'm telling myself it's a healthier dessert anyway.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...