Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's

I hope all of you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

I had a great and busy one, starting with a day that flew by at work. When I got home, these beautiful flowers and a sweet letterpress card were waiting for me.
 Paul wouldn't tell me where we were going for dinner, but I had a hunch. I ended up being right - Walker's! It's maybe 500 feet from our building and one heck of a restaurant.
For Valentine's Day, they had a four course dinner menu, which was out of this world. Paul and I decided to go pescatarian for Lent (essentially, eat no meat from an animal that has legs) and Walker's was the best place for that.
 We started with appetizers - Paul with Lobster Mac and I with a Bread-less Crab Cake. We moved on to Lobster Bisque, Redfish Anna (topped with crab), and dessert. I ordered the Chocolate Bread Pudding (our favorite) and P ordered Chocolate Cake with Coffee Icing. Ooof.
We had such a great time and really enjoyed ourselves.

If this wasn't a night to enjoy our neighborhood, I don't know what was. After dinner, we kept on walking down the street to Duling Hall for a concert by one of our favorite bands, Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors.
The magazine helps sponsor these concerts, so it's always exciting to see more and more people at them. This is the third time this band has been to Duling and every time the crowd doubles. It was PACKED! We had fun dancing and singing along to the music.

I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day too!

1 comment:

  1. You and Paul have so much fun. I am happy for you. MaMaw

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...