Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Catch Up

Sorry it's taken to post again. I had all these plans for the blog and unexpectedly a very close family friend passed away and things went out the window (Click here to read the obituary I helped write). It's been a sad week, but a good week.

What I couldn't wait to tell you about was the new speakeasy down the road from us called Apothecary. While I could explain everything to you, I'll just let the article we wrote do the talking. I've already told Ashley and Bryan they have to check this out when they come to Jackson!
 I've also gotten wildly into popsicles. This article has been a great source of inspiration. Thanks Pinterest!
I've made healthy Nutella popsicles and, my favorite, ginger and peach.
 I picked up the peaches at a farmers market in Cooper Young while we were in Memphis. They aren't Chilton County peaches, but they were pretty good.

And, as luck would have it, we've found a cat to adopt. I saw a girl post on our neighborhood message board a week ago that they were having to relocate for their jobs and with a three month old baby, they just couldn't move the cat to Ohio. We went and looked at her last Wednesday and were so happy with her. They are keeping her until we get back from the beach and then she's ours. The family has been keeping us updated and the cat "sent us this picture to say 'hi'" the other day. So ready to have her!
Hope you guys are having a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a cute kitty!!!!I am so jealous. Is the speakeasy you mentioned behind Brents? My computer would not display the article.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...