Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day

Time is FLYING by. It's hard to believe that school is back in session again. 

We've been slammed with school starting back (for me at work) and the next magazine heading off to the printer.

This past week, we got a sneak peek of a craft beer bar opening up called Fondren Public. You can read all about it here. They make a pretty wicked Darky and Stormy. Makes me excited for our trip to DC in two weeks!
 Because I had been working non-stop for over two weeks straight, I took this past Friday off and it was great to have a long, four day weekend. We celebrated downtown Thursday night with a night at the Museum of Art with the French art/Monet exhibit. We headed over to Jaco's Tacos for charity night with the Jackson Zoo to support them. Don't tell me there's nothing to do in Jackson!
 The cat has really been enjoying us being home too.
 I've been griping for the past few weeks that it's been too early for pumpkin beer. Now that it's officially September, I went ahead and picked up on one of my favorite pumpkin beers, Schlafly's Pumpkin Ale.
 According to Paul, I made "one of the best things I've ever done" the other morning with my version of Monkey Bread. We don't have a bundt pan, so I baked it in a round cake pan. It was pretty perfect if I do say so myself.
 Yesterday evening, we made our way to Renaissance to see Darius Rucker. I'm not a country fan and I really could have done without the opening acts, but Darius Rucker is actually pretty good. He sang a good bit of Hootie and the Blowfish songs and it took me back in time!
Hope you guys have had a great, long weekend. It's already 1 o'clock and we're still in our pajamas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...