Sunday, January 18, 2015

Progress: Hall Art Update

Happy Sunday! I'm really glad it's a three day weekend. It's been a pretty busy week for me work-wise, so it's nice to have some time off. Not to mention, we're getting a new refrigerator delivered on Monday. Yay!

Just wanted to tell you about a small project we just completed that makes me smile every time I walk by it. Over Christmas we painted our two hallways. On the "guest" side of the house, the walls have been patched multiple times and it shows. At some point, we are probably are going to have to re-do the sheetrock in this space. Paul was kind of bummed about how it looked despite our best attempts to smooth it, which did help. I told him not to worry, I'd arrange art in such a way that you wouldn't even notice. 

We have art that still needs to be hung and I especially wanted to feature our friends' prints that they make of maps featuring Jackson neighborhoods. So far they've done two - Fondren and Midtown - which I grabbed white frames for at Michael's. 


In the middle, I took an old art piece that we didn't want to use and painted the frame. I saw a project on Pinterest for gilded corners and wanted to do something similar. In her project, she painted painter's tape, but I just marked the frame and painted directly on it. It took probably four coats, but I like how it turned out. Over a year or so ago I bought this old map of Jackson from the 40s, but I haven't known what to do with it. I painted the back of some art paper and mounted it. Voila!


1 comment:

  1. I would like to see the map of Jackson in the 40's. Very interesting how you framed the maps. Good job. MaMaw

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...