Sunday, August 14, 2016

Adventures, Part II

Where has the summer gone? It was so weird to look up and it was suddenly August. Our new students move in on Friday, so it has really been hitting me the past few weeks!

We've had a few more adventures since my last post!

First, I hosted book club at my house! These are some of my sweet Fondren friends and we try to get together every six weeks with a new book. It shifts houses each time. We read a book that I picked that I do not recommend. However, we are reading Outskirts of Hope this time and I'm excited to start it.


I also heard from my friend Erin about a tiny house roadshow in Birmingham on a Friday afternoon and by that night we had a hotel booked and we were on our way Saturday morning after breakfast with our friends!


Paul was in heaven (in the top of a loft).


There were at least 15 tiny homes to look in. It was a test in patience with so many people and long lines, but we had so much fun.


Did I mention Paul loved it?


Of course, we had to make a Trader Joe's run while we were in town. We actually made two trips so we could pack an ice chest with frozen items right before we headed home.


A few of the items we're loving from them:



Also, their fantastic chicken teriyaki and orange chicken frozen items!

Next post, a big project we just finished, touching up and finishing up our house for house appraisal to refinance. We got great news about our results Friday afternoon. PSA: Consider looking at rates and numbers if you haven't in a while. We are shaving 10 years off our mortgage and only paying $10 more a month than our old monthly payment.

1 comment:

  1. I had not read your blog when I just had lunch with you. Wonder why there is no Trader Joe's here? And I bet it was fun to see inside of the little houses. Would you like one? I think Kitty would like a loft. MaMaw

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...