Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Trash Find

There is nothing more satisfying to me (besides a thrift store find) than a trash find. Your trash, my treasure. On Sundays I always take a longer stroll through the neighborhood and this past Sunday's walk was particularly fruitful.

You see, I've had mirrors on the mind. The mantle needs a refresh and a mirror is always a go-to. Nothing has seemed "right." I've kept my eyes peeled at second hand shops and online retailers. Nothing.

Then, this was propped up next to a trash can down the street. A couple is in the process of closing on their house and this ended up in the discard pile. 


Above: Dirty (top), clean (bottom). A little glass cleaner and Old English oil later, voila.



She fits in perfectly.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...