Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Paper Dolls

Do you remember making paper dolls as a kid? I do. I remember when I would go over to Mamaw's house and we would make them. It was always so fun to see how they turned out once you unfolded it.

When I was teaching art class on Monday, I taught a couple of girls in my class how to make them. One of the girls said, "I didn't have a grandma to teach me that so you'll have to do."

It was so fun to go back and do it again. I had to remember to explain that you have to make sure you cut the arms on the right side of the paper or it won't turn out right! Once she unfolded them, she decorated them and had so much fun. Do you wish you were in the second grade and making paper dolls for the first time?

I do.

3 comments:

  1. It pleases me that you remember those little "{old fashion things} we used to do. Those were sweet days. MaMaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I used to play with paper dolls, but I never made any. I always liked them for a little while, but then I would get disappointed that they weren't real dolls. I think I would have thought they were more fun if I'd made them myself.

    Also, a European girl whose blog I sometimes follow, posted photos of paper dolls that one of her readers had made OF HER. Isn't that crazy? I would be both flattered and creeped out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was terrible at remembering not to cut the arms! I always ended up with two connected here and three connected there. Lame. I should try again!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...