Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Dusty Road, Take Me Home


Greetings from home! Fhheww, it's definitely been a doozy the past couple of weeks. I finished my internship, moved into my house (photos once arranging is complete), went to the beach, went to Atlanta, and now I am back home! For those of you who check my Twitter feed, you've probably seen or read some of this already.

It's been so much fun and now I leave again on Friday to head back to school. Classes don't start til Wednesday, but I'm helping out as an EcoEagle Representative with freshman move in.

Shall we get caught up on pictures, eh?

Once we got to the beach, we had fun celebrating my cousins', Bryan and Cary, birthdays. We had tons of fun meals that different people came up with. On two of the days, the "younger generation" (meaning, the grandkids) was in charged and we came up with:

Pad Thai with shrimp with optional sprouts, lime, cilantro, peanuts. The meal also included homemade dumplings, miso soup, and an Asian salad. Woo!

Sliders with homemade fries, veggie kabobs (I picture saying this like keh-buh-b, how they say it on Flight of the Conchords).

That night, we also had dump cake but it got snarfed up before I could take a picture!

We also had tons of fun with the youngest one of the clan, Liam.

You can check out the set of beach photos on my Flickr here.

With that, I leave you with this video of my cousin (Whitney's) kid, Andrew, being a ninja and... umm... getting "wrapped up" in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...