Sunday, July 20, 2014

Furniture Matchmaker

I love surfing Craigslist. When you talk about dream job, I wish someone would pay me to search Craigslist for good furniture and decent home rentals. I could do that all day.

I've been seeing great furniture on CL lately and inspired by another blogger, I started posting pieces on Instagram. (Why keep them all to myself if I don't have the money to buy them, right?)

This was the first thing I posted about:
These great linen chairs were only $25 a piece/$150 for the set. Gorgeous. I really kept going back and forth about buying these. But, my friend Kathleen went and got these! Happy one of my friends gets to enjoy them.

Then, I found this great mid-century modern looking dresser. A great price at $150. (I'm sure I would have tried to talk them down in price)
 Then, I found my favorite chair of all time (albeit, this a reproduction) for sale in the middle of nowhere an hour and a half from here. They wanted too much for it ($500), but I love this piece!
 This was a neat bookshelf that I found on CL for $40 made out of old wooden crutches. My friend Melody loved it so much, she went and got it!
 Then, yesterday, I was at Odds and Ends (one of the best junk shops in my opinion) and stumbled upon these chairs when I was leaving. I had remembered my friends were looking for similar chairs, so I posted a photo for them. They bolted to the store and were so happy to get these for only $5 a pop. Love seeing people so happy about these finds!
Just call me matchmaker. Have you found any cool pieces lately?

1 comment:

  1. Ooooo, match me up with some Boston craigslist goodies!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...