Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving

I hope all of you had a great Turkey Day! We actually had Thanksgiving times two - first on Thanksgiving with Paul's family and then on Friday at our house with my side of the family.

Since we knew everyone was coming over, we decided we had to finish painting our dining room/front living room last weekend. We had painted half so we could do the At West End photoshoot this summer, but we never got around to finishing the space. Here's the baby blue that it was before.


So, after a little rearranging, the painting was done. We picked up a couple of tools at Sherwin Williams that made painting these walls go by so much faster. I think we finished the whole thing in an hour.

Before

After

Here's the front view. I had envisioned doing stripes on this wall behind the piano and have the paint to do it, but chickened out at the last minute. I think we're still going to do it, but I was too tired to think about doing it then!

 We've also had to undertake some major operations on our yard. There are leaves everywhere! Luckily we have this vacuum system that sucks up leaves, mulches them and puts them right in the trash can. I feel like I've gotten very personal with this thing lately!

We're making progress on our bedroom. I scored new lamps for us from Target for $12 each a few weeks ago that I really like and thanks to MyPoints, we got a new quilt for next to nothing with a gift card I cashed my points out for. Next up, painting the walls. We've got the paint and will probably do this over Christmas break.


 We had Thanksgiving at our house Friday and there was so much food!


I love seeing our house full of people.


We even got a little play time outside. Brody loved a little ball that our nephews found in the yard the other day when they were over.


By the end of the night, we were pretty pooped. Even the cat had a long day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...