Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sorry it's been such a long time since my last post! Right now, I'm at home (semi)relaxing for Easter weekend. I've got a lot that really needs to be done with papers and reading, but I'm trying to take it slow and enjoy the break. Yesterday, I unloaded my camera and I had forgotten how backed up I've been with pictures.


A few weeks ago, my friend Erin (see the girl with a bag on her head from past post) had her 21st birthday. To celebrate, we went to Sakura and she and Deidre enjoyed happy hour (and I just took pictures). Erin thought she would be very cool and rebellious to use her birthday candle as a smoking prop.

Around that same time, Kaycie and I went to HUBfest downtown. Quite honestly, it was one overwhelming experience. There were tons of music stages, food and craft vendors crammed on these once seemingly big streets. Add 10,000+ people that day and it's pretty crazy. However, the band that was playing on this stage, Blue Mountain, was really good. One of their songs "Skinny Dipping" (ha!) I had stuck in my head for a long time.

I have more to post, but I'll try to do that tomorrow!

Sidenote: I had two articles come out this week in the JFP. You can check them out here and here.

1 comment:

  1. Sophie --go to wlbt.com click on news--scroll down to Veterans History Project and view Truman's interview plus a vidio. MaMaw

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...