Monday, April 27, 2009

I just had a big revelation. So big and awesome that I kind of feel weird inside.

Today....

I learned....

I might actually...

Like oatmeal.


Ok, so that doesn't have the big finish you are looking for, but it's a big deal to me. I've been trying to like oatmeal for three years now, I think I've actually found a way I like it. This morning, I went to the commons and grabbed a packet of instate maple sugar oatmeal. I closed one eye, ripped open the package, put some milk in the bowl and microwaved it for a minute. Taking advice from Kath Eats, I put raisins and some oat bran on top. I like my oatmeal thick, just how I like grits, but it was wayyy thick, so I added a little extra milk on top.

I sat down, took a bite and was very surprised. I thought I would hate, spit it out, throw up. None of that happened. I actually like them and I was FULL until lunch.

So much for not liking oatmeal...

3 comments:

  1. I had to wait much longer than you did before I liked it, but now I eat oatmeal at least three times a week. Best with banana and a sprinkle of cinnimon. Also with strawberries, or no sugar applesause. Sweeten with Splenda and you have it made. It will fill you up and as my Mother used to say "stay with you all day"

    Betty Boop

    ReplyDelete
  2. high fiber... that's all I'm saying

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too tried to like oatmeal for years. Everytime someone offered it to me, I'd try it. Every single time it ended in me wiping my tongue with a napkin. I think it was a texture thing for me.
    I finally found one kind of oatmeal that I liked, and I ate it every day for six months! I think it really kept me going in New York last summer.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...