Friday, October 2, 2009

Welcome to.... Caliente?

Ever since Moe's left Madison when I was in high school, I've always been in search of a restaurant that matched it. Part Tex-Mex, part build-your-own plates, Erin and I stumbled on the best thing since... well, Moe's. It's a restaurant right next to campus called Caliente Grill. Holy-moley. So good! It tastes just like Moe's (or better. You can't beat the student discount either!)

We decided to sit out on the patio because the weather the past couple of days has been amazing. It was even a little chilly!


Last night, Kaycie and I went to the opening reception of a conference the English department is putting on about fairy tales. I've driven past this theatre downtown tons of times, but I had never been in it before. The place was so cool! It used to be the old movie theatre and we restored in 2000 to the way it was when it first opened in 1929 (a weird year to be opening a theatre, eh?). When we walked into the theatre part of the building, they had a silent film showing and all kinds of lights, etc. Kaycie and I thought it was actually a little bit creepy!

I'm definitely taking advantage of my house and decorating for fall, too! I found some great vases at Hudson's for $2.50 each and fun pumpkins. I can't believe it's already October!


1 comment:

  1. Hey, Your decorations look great!! I think you get that talent from your Mom. Had lunch for Jan's birthday today at Pan Asaia with Jan, Amy, PaPaw and me. The dessert was to die for. See you camping.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...