Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hello blog world! It's been a busy week, eh? This past week, I went back to school for what USM calls a "mini-session." A mini-session is a week long class, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day. Once the week is over, you've got a 3 hour class under your belt and it's tacked on to the proceeding semester (which for me, is the spring semester, which starts Tuesday). It's a great idea, and I decided to take advantage of it, enrolling in one of the journalism department's seminar classes called "Entrepenurial Journalism and the Art of Freelance." It was very interesting and informative, but it was LONG. I mean, VERY LONG.

But, along the way, I schooled my roommate, Erin, on healthy eating via Weight Watchers and cooked some great meals. (She's now obsessed with my sweet potato fries and turkey burgers on the George Foreman) Somewhere in there, I also happened to lose another 3 pounds! No pictures though because I forgot my camera at my parents house!
However, we are making cabbage rolls tonight!

Photo courtesy nibbledish.com

I'm not exactly sure on a recipe yet as I'm going to create it myself to fit my diet. I do know that I'll use turkey instead of beef and oatmeal instead of rice, so it's going to be more of a meatloaf inside of a cabbage leaf. I'll let you know more about it later!

3 comments:

  1. Cabbage rolls look good. I am proud of you with your diet and taking advantage of all the classes you can get. We have water but still have to boil it. Maybe by tomorrow it will be safe. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have actually really loved being vegetarian. Angel gave me some recipes and a great website (eatingwell.com) so I've even kind of turned Bryan! As long as he's not hungry after a meal, he's fine with eating pretty much anything! I've lost some weight too and I can tell that I feel so much better in general than I ever did before. I think a lot of the freedom comes from knowing I CAN eat anything I want including meat, I just choose not to. But if I were craving a burger, I would have no problems eating it... I just don't even really crave that anymore because I know I'll feel sick after I eat it now.

    How is your diet going?

    I would highly recommend Alton Brown's guacamole recipe, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry... that was from Ashley... not Derek. I'm on their house computer while the baby naps!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...