Thursday, January 7, 2010

An iPhone post from the kitchen for you guys!

They've been forecasting on the news about snow, ice, and rain and I've got to say, I'm a little disappointed. All I see so far is rain, but that hasn't stopped me from making this awesome lunch.

Probably my favorite and most filling lunch yet- black bean burger with (purple) sweet potato fries. Both were super easy to make with not that many ingredients. [The white on the potatoes is just where the oil sizzled and I had yet to dab it off]

Black Bean Burger
1/3 cup black beans, drained
1 tbsp. Flour
3-4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp Tony's creole seasoning

Mash beans and stir in flour. Add other ingredients to taste. You can always add more/less seasonings. Cook in a skillet on medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side until a brown crust forms.

Sweet Potato Fries
(I used the purple variety from Fresh Market, it's a little less sweet. You can use the popular orange variety or garnet, which I really want to try)
One sweet potato (~10 oz.)
Canola oil spray
Tony's creole seasoning

Cut potatoes into thin discs and placed on greased cookies sheet spray tops of discs and sprinkle with seasoning. Roast at 400* for 20-25 minutes.

Enjoy!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Your acorn squash looks good/ I have baked it just cut in half. Your method is faster by cutting it in slices. I had forgotten the little fellow--I need to buy one. Butternut squash is good too.

    Betty Boop

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...