Monday, April 19, 2010

Today, I made my own granola bars!


They turned out wonderful. I was inspired by a blog I read, where she makes these huge batches of granola bars, called Alliebars.

I found a recipe online for chewy granola bars and tweaked it a little bit.

Ingredients:
4.5 cups of rolled oats (NOT quick oats. I read that they are more likely to be crumbly if you use quick oats)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup of honey
2/3 cups of melted butter
1 cup of flour
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking soda

Add in all ingredients in a bowl. Add in any mix-ins you like. I bought a scoop of two different trail mixes as Fresh Market, which ended up being so convenient (and I actually think cheaper, considering I didn't buy any more than I needed, only to be stuck with leftovers, and both of my trail mixes were 25% off!). I had: dried cranberries, pistachios, cashews, pecans, sunflower seeds, almonds, and raisins.

Press the mixture firmly into a greased pan. Bake @ 325 F for 18 to 22 minutes. Take out and let cool for 15-20 minutes before cutting and serving.

I cut them into 18 bars and I figured each is ~200 calories. I individually packaged them for when I'm on the go. So much fun. I love baking!

-- Post From My iPhone

1 comment:

  1. You make me hungry. I used to make them. I will need to look up my method. MaMaw

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...