Sunday, June 5, 2011

THE Guac

Can we just slow down time a little bit? I can't believe it's June already. With the heat upon us, I've had a big craving to guacamole lately. Not just any of the green stuff, the recipe from my favorite place, Babalu
Lucky for me (and now, for you), the restaurant spilled the beans on the recipe in a magazine recently. I had to make it!

Babalu Guacamole
2 whole avocados, halved and seeded
1 lime, juiced
1 T green onions
1.5 T finely minced red onion
1.5 T finely chopped sun-dried tomato
1 T cilantro (optional)
Salt to taste

Remove flesh from avocado and add in all ingredients. Sprinkle salt evenly to incorporate. Mash with a potato masher to incorporate. Keep mixture somewhat chunky and serve with chips. Serves 2-4.
I could eat this stuff way too often. Way, way, way too often.

Make this and drink a margarita for me, OK?

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...