Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sweet Tater

One of the perks about being a Foodbuzz Publisher is that from time to time, companies want you to review their products through the Tastemaker Program. When I got an email a few weeks ago asking if I wanted to try some sweet potato fries, of course, I said I would. Who am I to turn down a perfectly good sweet potato, right?
What I got were Ore-Ida's new sweet potato fries. Let me up front: yes, they gave me a free coupon to try these, but this is my opinion. I've tried them on two separate occasions now to test them out and they've been really good and really just OK. The oven has a lot to do with it. 

The first time I tried them was as my parents house when they were grilling hamburgers (and a salmon burger for me). When I cooked the fries then (at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 17 minutes), they were perfect. Crunchy on the outside, almost creamy on the inside. Today, slapping them in the oven before it was pre-heated after getting home from work, they were just OK. Sometimes it pays to follow the cooking directions, am I right?

So, I have to say, if I'm going to eat a bagged sweet potato fry over my own sweet potato fry recipe, this may just be what I use. I haven't seen many sweet potato fry products on the market, so that's pretty exciting to see them trying something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...