Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Project: DIY Tote Bag Fabric Painting

A few weeks ago, I found a great haul at our local thrift store. They had recently had some flooding from a clogged storm drain and happened to be selling everything for an additional 50% off. Lucky me! One of my favorite things I found was a roomy tote bag with great front pockets for only $1.25. 

After coming home and thinking about it, I decided to search for a cool stencil. I found an old stencil on Etsy and it was at my door a few days later. I also snagged some fabric paint from the local craft store for $1.79.


Per the paint instructions, I washed and ironed the tote bag. Then, per directions, I put cardboard in each of the pockets behind where I would be painting. After taping the stencil down, I got to work!


While I didn't completely get the clean lines I had in my mind, I was able to get one of my fine paint brushes and straighten up the edges.


Very happy with how it came out!


Can't wait to use it as an overnight bag or maybe a tote for school. Happy DIY'ing!

1 comment:

  1. What fun to buy such great finds. I love that too. Your bag looks so good. What are your plans for the fan? MaMaw

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...