Monday, September 15, 2014

Sweet Potato Slider Melts

The other week, my friend Sital sent me a recipe I knew I had to try - Sweet Potato Slider Melts. You can find the original recipe here. After talking through some things she would change and modifying it, I thought I'd share it with you guys. With even a little more tweaking, I'd definitely do this again!


First, I cut up my sweet potatoes and put them in the microwave for 1.5 minutes per side. Next time, I'd cook them even more, or potentially cook a potato whole and cut it after it was mostly cooked, but still firm.


After they were done, I put half of the slices down on a pan and put one slice of cheese on the bottom. Note to self: if you have a silpat mat, I would use it!


Layer with turkey and more cheese. For mine, I did add the spinach, uncooked.


Top with BBQ sauce


Add the second sweet potato slice and skewer. Since everything with mine was on a smaller scale than the original recipe, I used toothpicks.


These were pretty fabulous! Both of us were really happy with the result. The potato was still a little al dente, but it wasn't that bad. If you do put the cheese on the bottom, you will probably have some pooling and browning of cheese like we had.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...