Monday, May 5, 2008

School's Out for Summer

Right about now is when I really really wish that school was out of summer. Right now.

I only have a few more days before freedom... until I start work on Monday. I am excited. Really excited.

Just like I am excited about this recipe. It's so good you will think about slapping your mama (because we would never ACTUALLY slap our mom).

Sausage Cream Cheese Breakfast Casserole (aka Spectacular, Spectacular)

Cast of Characters: 2 cans of crescent rolls, 1 lb. of breakfast sausage, 8 oz. package of cream cheese.

I didn't say this was going to be good for your health.

First, take the sausage and break apart and start to brown in a pan. Make sure it is good and brown!

Secondly, look at the booger I had to put up with when making this. Pepper likes to get into EVERYTHING.

Now, once your sausage has browned, drain ALL of the grease out of the pan. In the original recipe it suggested putting water over it to get all of the grease out. That worked pretty well.

After that, put in your cream cheese with your sausage so it melts.

It should look something like this:


While that is warming up, open up one of the cans of crescent rolls.

Get a 13x9 pan (or whatever you prefer) and line the bottom of the pan with the rolls. Make sure all of the seams are not open. Pinch them together!


By this time, the cheese should be good and gooey and you can just mix it all together.

This is looking good...

Now take the mixture and pour it onto the rolls. Take the other can of crescent rolls and put on top of mixture following the same instructions.

Pop it into a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown.


How good does that look?? Amazing, I know. I first had this at sunday school and fell in love with it. The other day I decided to search it and find a recipe. I am so glad that I found it. Next time I am going to try reduced fat crescent rolls, and fat free cream cheese to cut down the calories. I was scared at first that taking away fat would hinder the taste but I think it would be fine.

More later!

1 comment:

  1. Looks Delish! I like the homage to the Pioneer Woman Cooks... She's pretty addictive. (this breakfast dish looks pretty addictive too... Can you bring this camping? Cary wants me to bring the apple dumplings!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...