Saturday, October 25, 2008

ArtWalk and mo'

I love Hattiesburg when the town comes out together and celebrates with art, food, and music. You'd be surprised how much this actually happens. With the Historic Downtown Hattiesburg Association, there is definitely a sense of revitalization. Today was the Fall ArtWalk downtown- lots of fun! My friend Kaycie and I decided to go and check it out. Both of us being from Jackson, we knew what Fondren ArtMix was like and hoped it would be like that.

Around the different restaurants and shops (Southbound Bagel in this picture) there was art displayed with food and good music. The sign next to this band/duo/whatever said "Grateful Dead Cover Band," but I don't think I heard a single Grateful Dead song. He was really good though.
This little kid kept running away from his mom the whole time and just wanted to touch the drum. I am surpised he didn't think it was too loud, because it was loud even from where we were sitting. We got lots of laughs out of this kid.

Here's Kaycie enjoying listening to the guy sing.

After the ArtWalk, I went over to Claire's and I made dinner. We decided to go light because Claire and I had decided earlier in the week we wanted to go have dessert fondue at this relatively new restaurant called Stoney's. It's actually the place where Claire and her fiance John ate on the night they got engaged. So, I cooked and then we headed off to Stoney's.

Sorry this is such a horrible picture. The place was dark and I was obviously a little more concerned about my fondue. Every dessert fondue comes with bananas, strawberries, marshmallows, a brownie, and a slice of cheesecake. Yum! You can choose from milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and white chocolate. We chose white chocolate. It was amazing. Plus, it's on $15 for two people, which was not bad at all.

I hope you guys had a fabulous weekend as well (thus far)!

2 comments:

  1. That's so fun! I've been re-organizing (or just first-time-organizing) my kitchen cabinets this morning and I found my fondu set. As soon as I found it I said "More like FUNdu!" then I laughed at how awesome I am and decided to have a fondu night soon! Oh how I wish Bryan liked Chocolate!!!!

    Anyway... the stuffed bread came from a guy at the Belhaven market and he had bites to sample AMAZING! So we haven't cooked ours yet but boy oh boy I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ArtWalk? What happened to Fall Festivile or OctoberFest? O well "Get with the Times" Betty Boop Sounds like lots of fun. You are fast becoming a great cook. Betty Boop

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...