Sunday, January 4, 2009

Suckers

I have a big fat family of suckers... for animals. Somehow, animals find their way to our home and into our hearts. My parents always say that the next day they are going to find a home for the dog or cat, whatever it may be, but it never happens.

Exhibit A:Spike made his way into our life mere days before I left for college. I don't know what our family would do without our pug; he's the mascot!

Exhibit B:My sister slyly brought home Pepper saying that she was going to "watch it for a few days while my friend is out of town." Totally false. Been here over a year.

Exhibit C (sigh, prepare yourself):
Truffles. This sweet (for now) little girl came home the other day in my sister's shirt. (Same sister who brought home Pepper. Do you see a pattern?) My sister went to a New Year's Eve party in Canton. At the party she heard whimpering from under the house and found this little pup. The mother had stopped feeding it and this poor runt was starving. (Awws can start here)

My sister took it with her and spent the night with a friend. The next morning she came home and brought Truffles because she was worried it was going to die. My parents stared at it, swearing it was going to a vet and then STRAIGHT to a good home that wasn't ours. Since it was New Year's Day, no one was open so we had to wait another day. Then the dog went to the vet. When the dog got a name and didn't go STRAIGHT to a new home, I knew it wasn't looking good.

I'm pretty sure we just got another animal.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...