Monday, October 11, 2010

It's been such a great day in a way I didn't expect. Last night, I got a call from our HR Director telling us that our CEO was letting us have the day off today for Columbus Day! I guess as a quasi-governmental organization we can do that and, man, was I happy about that.

After the news sunk in, I started to think, "What the heck am I going to do with myself?" Being so busy the past couple of weeks I honestly didn't know what to do first. I knew I wanted to make something great for dinner but that's about as far as it went.


So, I did a little rearranging in my bedroom and added a new table I'd been needing for all my essentials.


This new little piece? It's TV tray I found at Goodwill for $2 and painted black with the leftover paint from the dresser. With a small bathroom and just as little space on my dresser top, I needed something that could be hidden but still be functional. I think for $2 it fits the bill!


Then I searched through my cook books (gotta love my Patty Roper books from my Mississippi Magazine days) and knew exactly what to make... PW's Olive Cheese Bread.


I don't say it enough, buy I love love love this book.


Drain the olives, chop, chop, chop...


Sidenote: Ever seen or used one of these? This stainless steel bar takes out any stinky smells from your hands. It worked wonders after I chopped an onion.


At $.79 the bread helps make this super affordable too!


It's more yellow than PW's because I used cheddar instead of Monterey Jack. Gotta use what you have!


If that wasn't enough, I also made a carrot cake with cream cheese icing. I know, I need to stop.

Hope tomorrow is just as great as it was today.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Um, that olive cheese bread is amazing. I don't even like olives but it was so good that one time you made it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...