Sunday, August 12, 2012

Cypress Swamp

Man, it's been a week. I'm sure one day I'll be able to look back at this week and laugh, but I'm definitely not there yet. Let's just leave it at I had to work/produce a big festival for work and I couldn't be any more thrilled that it's over.

After it was all said and done, I hopped into bed last night and slept like a log. I had to tie up some loose ends this morning for work, but I hoped it would be a chill day otherwise. My family had a reunion I had to miss, which I was sad about, but I just couldn't make it under the circumstances.

Paul suggested we go have lunch somewhere since we didn't have any groceries since this week had been so nuts. After a great meal at Julep, we decided to go see The Campaign, which is worth every penny. I hadn't laughed that hard at a movie in a long time.

Afterwards, we stopped by a yogurt shop for a little taste.
I had the coconut flavor with cheesecake bites (Paul had to ask if they were croutons), almonds, and strawberries. Really good. I have to laugh when we go in this place, because Paul can't stand the employees, because they're required to tell you to "Have a smiley day!"

On a whim getting back in the car, we decided to go drive on the Natchez Trace until we wanted to stop along the way. We drove up to the cypress swamp about 15 miles up the parkway and walked the trails.

 It was so pretty and calm. Just what I needed.
We made it back home late this afternoon and I'm watching Paul make dinner as we speak. It's been the day I really needed to recharge after this last week.

Here's to a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Missed you and Paul yesterday. I kind of would have hated for Paul to see what the Reunion has become. Olny 25 there. Kind of sad too. Get Amy to tell you about going to Cypress Swamp and taking Linda P. with us. She may not remember---but I do. MaMaw

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...