Friday, August 31, 2012

High Five for Friday!

It's high five for Friday, but today I have six! Sorry, just too much to talk about.

1. I got a new Essie nail polish color I'm obsessed with: Miss Fancy Pants. Paul said it suited me just fine. I'm not sure what he means by that...

2. This past weekend the neighborhood had Millsaps Day for all of the new students to come experience the neighborhood right outside the campus. A lot of the businesses were having discounts for students. Some, like Fondren Art Gallery had discounts for everyone. We got an original Richard McKey (a local artist and owner of the gallery) for 50% off. It's five feet long and is going to look amazing over our bed. We are thinking about painting an accent wall behind the bed this weekend. I can't wait to show it to you!

3. Paul surprised me this week with Bean Fruit Coffee's latest roast: espresso. I'm loving this right now.

4. As you may or may not have heard (if you were living under a rock) about Hurricane Isaac this week. We got rain and wind yesterday and we lost power for a few hours yesterday. Our office was closed for the day, so we lounged all day. We made a big breakfast of wheat pancakes, hashbrowns, eggs, turkey bacon, and lattes. It was wonderful.

5. Since the weather dissipated, we went to Jaco's Tacos for Charity Night to benefit the Jackson Zoo. They were walking about with animals, like this owl named Honey.

6. I was glad to have the sun pop out. I was tired of rain!

I hope you have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. love that essie color! a classic!

    Happy Friday! Stop by and say hello! :)
    nichollvincent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...