Friday, August 17, 2012

High Five For Friday

High Five for Friday! It's been a week of recuperation after a crazy week last week. I've tried to take it a little easier and I'm ready to have a fun weekend out of town starting tomorrow.

1. On Monday we went to our local independent bookstore, Lemuria, to hear our friends play music during a book signing. It's such a nice place to relax among the shelves of books and neat artwork.
2. I've had the prettiest roses on my desk this week, a gift from my boss for my hard work last week. It's a nice feel like someone appreciates what you do.
3. I had an amazing crab cake sandwich at Basil's Belhaven this week. There's nothing like it.
4. It was a friend's birthday this week, so our office celebrated at Mr. Chen's. Kung Pao Shrimp with mushrooms and zucchini. Say no more.
5. Last night we attended the Summer Concert Series in our neighborhood for the season. It's a little bittersweet to know the summer is coming to a close, but I'm ready for fall! Scarves, dark colors, and this time next month the symphony will be playing on the same lawn. It's one of my favorite events of the year.

1 comment:

  1. Here I go with "memories" again. Truman had such a good and successful book singing at Lemuria.Of course he had friends there and made new ones. That was his style. He loved all the signings he had , and I so much enjoyed going along for the ride. See you soon. mamaw

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...