Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Common(s) NOT Good

The commons/caf at USM is a mixed bag. Sometimes (like this morning) it's even a little comical. Yesterday, USM hosted a big teacher's conference and served actually decent food (things that aren't pizza). Since the teachers are gone, it's back to the good ol' commons fare. It's called the Fresh Food Company but it is anything by "fresh."

I have an 8 o'clock class so I usually get up, go to class, and swing by the commons, get breakfast and go back to my room before my 11 o'clock class. Same old, same old, I walk in and ask for "Eggs, hashbrowns, and sausage." She gives me pancakes and sausage- I guess one out three isn't bad.

I get back to my room and open the box. Ugh. It's a low day in commons breakfast (which is usually the highlight of the cafeteria's food options).




The sausage is perforated. The pancakes were gritty and cold. What is that all about? All that to say, I'm eating a Luna bar this morning.

1 comment:

  1. If we're now calling 'unrecognizable meat by-product' sausage, then yes... the sausage is perforated.

    Sick.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...