Friday, November 12, 2010

Freedom come and it won't be long...

I never ceases to amaze me how much I like being back in Jackson. There is actually a lot to do if you just look for it! Luckily, my job requires me to "look for it," so I happen to get to learn about the cool stuff. Last night, Erin, Claire, and I went to the Mississippi Freedom 50th film screening of the upcoming [nationally airing] PBS documentary Freedom Riders (the event itself was also being filmed to air in conjunction with the documentary). There was also a panel of Freedom Riders discussing their experiences along with a Q and A session. The filming was held at the Alamo Theatre on Farish Street and for those of you not familiar with the area, Farish Street is undergoing a multi-million dollar restoration/rennovation that is going to be amazing! First, we went to Sal and Mookie's for an awesome bite before the show.

The weather was just right and the patio is so pretty at night.

I got the Eggplant Parmigiana sub with caesar salad. You guys know how much a I love eggplant (As evidenced by all these posts.) and this was no different.

Farish Street was PACKED, which was awesome. The Alamo was the same way, which is so great to see for potential economic development and the Downtown Arts and Convention District the city envisions. [nerd alert]

Hope you guys have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...