Saturday, November 6, 2010

Happy Saturday!

This morning I went to a bridal shower for Laurie, an awesome girl I worked with in the marketing department when I interned at St. D. There were all kinds of great foods, including a chocolate fountain and mimosas!

Afterwards, I met up with my parents for a trip to Fresh Market where they were having a big weekend event to try try all of their holiday foods!

From the top: sweet potatoes, corn souffle, cranberry, turkey, dressing. I also tasted crab dip, brie and raspberry bake. So good!

Later, I went to Kroger for the Mega Deal sale... (Can you believe I'm excited about this? Who am I?) I'll show you ala Claire style.

1 Simply Orange with Pineapple, $1/1 coupon
*Head and Shoulders shampoo and conditioner, $2/2 e-coupon
Muffin pan
Oregon Chai Tea concentrate, $1/1 coupon
*2 Glade candles, $1.50/2 coupon
*Best Life Butter Spread, $1/1 coupon
HUGE bag of Tidy Cat litter, $1/1 coupon
Swiffer dry cloths, $.50/1 that doubled
*2 Annie Mac and Cheese
Chicken breast
Ground beef
*Brita Pitcher, $5/1 coupon (made it $4.48... less than the cost of a replacement filter!!)
Margarine sticks
Silk Nog, $.75/1 coupon
*Muffin mix
Truvia, $1/1
*Advil, $2/1 coupon (made it $.50)

*Mega Event $5 off total

Total Value: $87.36
Total Spent: $47.77
Total Saved: $39.59 (55%)

Gotta say, this was actually a big bill for me. I budget about $40 a week for groceries and usually don't go over that, and some weeks I'm closer to $25. But, I got some things like Advil, Brita pitcher, and seasonal fun things like Silk Nog that made it more. Plus, this is actually groceries for me and my roommate (since I cook, I buy groceries and she'll give me money for part of it, etc.).

2 comments:

  1. You are my kind of girl. I get fun from saving too==but you are really something!!!!!
    MaMaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to make time for learning these couponing techniques. Lots of my friends are doing it, and they always save so much.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...