Monday, May 9, 2011

Fatsumo Sushi

It a town full of sushi joints, sushi has become... just sushi. Sure, most places have the easy-does-it California Roll and I-don't-really-like-sushi fried rolls, but when you walk down Duling Avenue and through the doors of Fatsumo Sushi, you can tell it's different.
The menu is interesting and surprisingly, modestly priced. I've heard people rave all over town about the udon noodles, so that's first on my list to try.
Pan-fried Seafood Udon
While the noodles would normally come out in a broth, you can have them pan-fried for $2 extra. It was absolutely worth the up-charge. The noodles are thick and chewy with a savory sauce that was out of this world. The seafood only added to the flavors.
While I slurped through my noodles, my friend, Erin, had the Spicy Tuna Roll. While it wasn't the spiciest roll I've ever had, it was just spicy enough that after swallowing, you needed to drink water. I'll definitely keep that on my list to order next time. 

If you're looking for a solid, good experience, try Fatsumo. While it wasn't packed, the service was attentive, but not too much (which I always enjoy). The food was good and decently priced. I'm not much for the fried and overly-sauced rolls, and there are plenty of them on the menu. If you want something filling and relatively inexpensive, try the udon or ramen noodles. I can't wait to go back for the gyoza and other rolls.

Fatsumo Sushi on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...