Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Go Green

EDIT: For those of you who care, here is my latest article that came out today in the JFP.

I am not a big eco-centric person by any means. But, I like to do my part and the other day when I was in Hudson's, I stumbled onto something cool.

My new camera case:
It's made by a brand called EcoClick and 75% of the camera case is made out of recycled plastic. After doing some searching, I found that this brand is made my WalMart and the bag is made from recycled plastic bottles that are converted into flakes and made into yarn to create PET (polyethylene terephthalate) fabric. As a result, 11 empty 16-plastic bottles are saved from landfills. I was confused about the "16" part but I believe that is the "grade" of plastic. Correct me if I am wrong.

I really really like that it is sustainable. I also like my Patagonia Synchilla Marsupial jacket which is the same way. My jacket is 85% PCF (poly-carbonate fiber) made from recycled bottles and materials.

I've always had that "Life is Good" side and I think that is a really great thing that people are doing for our world.

2 comments:

  1. I've gotten kind of obsessive about recyling over the last year or so. I'm going to get bins or bags or something when I get back to Jackson. We just had a huge pile of what looked like garbage that was in our back room because Starkville only recycled cans and cardboard.
    I'm proud of you.
    Oh, and by the way, it is A LOT like camping when you have to stick your hand into the back of the toilet to manually flush it and when you have no air and when you sleep on an air mattress. So yes, I could be camping... but I kind of am.
    It is getting better though

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and I found that egyptian bird pendant at a little sidewalk shop in Fayetteville Arkansas. It had dirt all over it so I cleaned it up and put it on a chain! I like it too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...