Monday, June 9, 2008

Union Jack

Have I told you about my friend Katherine? Well... Katherine has been at the University of Essex all semester and got home a few hours ago. We went to the airport and all was fine. What did she want to do first when she got back home? Go to Taco Bell. Apparently, the UK just hasn't heard about the wonderful delicacies of Mexican cuisine.

While waiting at baggage claim, Katherine also showed us one of the funniest things I have seen in a while.
Here is a ten pence piece from 1992...
Here is a ten pence piece from 2007...


They made the queen older! If I were the queen, I would demand that I look young and pretty on all coins. I mean, I am the grand mum for Pete's sake!

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny! I think that's one of the best things I've seen today! I wonder how they approached that subject... "well, you're majesty, it's been like 30 years already and I think everyone is starting to suspect we may be trying to hide your true identity. So we're going to need a new photograph. Turn left, and pose, got it... What? Neck rolls? NOOOOOOO!!! You look just as good as you did in 1945! I bet the public will never even notice the difference!"

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...