Saturday, June 7, 2008

Summer days drifting away


One thing I love about summer is the availability of fruits and veggies that you just can't get fresh in the winter. I also love how their are smells and tastes that I associate that let me know it is summer. Peaches (which remind me of Beach Week), Coppertone, chlorine, grilling... Today I went to Fresh Way, a farmer's market, that always has some great stuff. We got all kinds of things: lemons, limes, tomatoes, squash, cantaloupe, speckled lima "butter" beans, boiled peanuts, cucumber, and most importantly- peaches.


Did you know that peaches are actually native to China?

Did you also know that California is the principal peach-growing state in the U.S., not Georgia? I thought that was interesting.

There are over 300 types of peaches and five races. Yes, peaches have races too.

The other day I also went to a new Goodwill that they opened up where a lighting shop used to be near County Line Road. I was amazed at how clean and nice it was. I found two pairs of jeans and a small paper holder for 9 bucks. I was pretty pleased. What I really really liked was the furniture they had their. Really cute and vintage stuff that made me wish I had a place to put it all. Here are few things I really liked:


Brown chair. The picture doesn't do it justice but I am pretty sure that someone did their own upholstery job on it. I saw a few pieces of furniture donated by the Orange Peel, a vintage consignment store, and I wondered if this was from their.

Nonetheless, I thought it was pretty cool but $20 was a little pricey for me.

This candelabra (would this be considered that?). I would have painted it but I thought it would be really nifty.
Alright guys, more later!

4 comments:

  1. How much was that candle holder and how tall was it? You may have to go on a run for me. I love it.

    Where exactly is this new good will you speak of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! I think I've decided that it would look amazing with a white brick fire place behind it! I really love it but Bryan might not think that was fun if I had other people dropping off more stuff that we don't 'need'
    I think he said there's a huge pile in the living room of our house already that he wants me to go through to see if we can get rid of it... I guess I'll hold off until I get home... An Ikea is opening in Brooklyn next week so you better believe that I'm heading that way!

    I do need a huge favor when you guys go to the beach. I lost my nose ring last week and I've got fishing line in there right now. I would really really really love it if you or Cary could make it down to that wooden shack with all the piercing stuff where Mary Grace got pierced last year and get me one or two more just like the one I had. It looks like a straight pin and the ball on top is tiny tiny. I haven't seen one piercing place here at all but I'll let you know if I find what I'm looking for before you go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, and I'll totally pay for them, I think they were like $10 or $12 each!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like a silver and a gold stud. not really a rinestone... I really liked the one I had. I know they have silver but if they have gold too I'll pay for both!!! :) Thank you so much! If you want anything from NY let me know!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...