Saturday, January 29, 2011

Summer Lovin'?

Man, does it feel like summer to you, because if I closed my eyes, I could have sworn it was March/April today! The weather was absolutely perfect and there was no excuse not to be outside. What to do? Go walking! I met up with Sital and we took a great walk through part of the trails along the Natchez Trace Parkway with her dog, Ballot.

We actually made great time (Gotta love iPhone, but I need to figure out how to change the time zone because we actually finished at 11:53?).
The trail is a perfect mix of walking through the woods and reminders that you're still right smack dab in the middle of everything.


Afterwards, I was STARVING. After opening at the Drip that morning and only having a small cup of cereal, I needed a sandwich.

We've had a Great Harvest Bakery location in the city for years now, but I knew a new one just opened up and it serves sandwiches! Really cool.

So, I stopped in for a loaf of bread for the week and a sandwich. They asked if I wanted to try a sample and I definitely said that I did. I tried the Dakota (on of my very favorites) with honey peach jam and cherry jam. Neither was that great and I didn't finish it all so that I could order my lunch.

I ordered the Cobb with turkey, avocado, tomato, lettuce, red onion, and bleu cheese mayo (I asked them to go light because I don't like bleu cheese that much). Took it to go and ate it at my parents house while helping them move some furniture into the house.

So good! I'll have to re-create this soon.

How was your Saturday?

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...