Friday, December 31, 2010

To 2010...

Boy, how a year (or even a few months) changes things. This time last year, the new year meant finishing up college; going on trips; and enjoying, what I now realize as, a lot of freedom. I was about to start the easiest but most time consuming (in a good way) semester of my life with 12 hours of classes and an internship in Jackson two days a week. Just a meer 12 months later? The last day of the year means grocery shopping because a ton of coupons expire today and cleaning out the leaves in the ditch in my front yard before the garbage men come. Weird, huh?

So, in honor of 2010, here's my last shopping trip of the year...


Swiffer Sweeper Dry Cloths 32 ct., $.50/1 (doubled) [was on sale, making it the price of the box half the quantity]
Sprite Zero, $.75/1 Catalina coupon
5 lb. box of clementines
Crest Mouthwash, $2/1 coupon
Eggplant
Bananas
Goat cheese
Baby spring mix
Dannon Light and Fit yogurt tub
Kashi Go Lean Cereal, $3/1 coupon
(2) Kroger cheeses, B1G1
Kitchen sponge
Secret deodorant, $.50/1 (doubled)
Dawn Hand Renewal, $.25/1 (doubled) + $.50/1 Kroger e-coupon
Hillshire Farms Turkey

Total Value: $60.23
Total Spent: $35.66
Total Saved: $24.57 (41%)

This total made me cringe just a little bit because of my two "big ticket" items (Swiffer refills and clementines, each $5 after all deals) and because I know there are coupons for Dannon and Hillshire Farms, but I got caught off guard because the products I wanted were sold out! I guess that's the downside of actually shopping on New Years Eve. OK, so I may have only saved $2, but you know me.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the year! See you in 2011.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...