Sunday, December 19, 2010

Just gotta tell you about two quick trips. First was actually a stop I made yesterday to Petsmart, a place you don't normally find good deals. I buy Kitty more expensive (compared to other, major name brand stuff) cat food, so I'm always hunting for coupons. Petsmart isn't the cheapest store and don't have sales as great as a grocery store, so any savings is appreciated. Using Southern Savers Coupon Trader forum, I snagged two $5 off coupons. With another coupon, I got this cheaper than the smaller bag, which is half the size!


(1) 5 lb bag Wellness dry cat food

-$5 coupon
-$3 Petsmart survey coupon (they've been having these on the bottom of the receipts)

Total Value: $22.25
Total Spent: $13.69
Total Saved: $8.56 (38%)

I also made a quick run to CVS. I have honestly been scared to do drugstore deals, but I can see how it can get addictive. The biggest point is to get the Extra Care Bucks and you can maximize your savings in a single trip by doing multiple transactions. The guy in front of me did the same thing and got 4, 12 packs of Coke for $6. It obviously does work. Still a little intimidated, but the CVS check out lady knows what we are doing and doesn't mind.


Transaction 1:
Thermacare Heat Wrap
-$1 coupon
Get back 2.79 Extra Care Bucks (like getting it for free, plus $1 overage)

Transaction 2:
2 Pantene Pro V products
-B1G1 FREE coupon
-$2.79 Extra Care Bucks

Total Value: $10.44
Total Spent: $3.17
Total Saved: $7.27 (70%)

If you now consider that I have $2 to use at CVS next time I shop, I really saved $9.27 or 89%!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...