Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Rut-roh!

I am in a rut. A food rut to be exact. Working 8-5 leaves me with little time to prepare dinner, so I always pull out my few go-to meals. What to do? The only thing I know how: make a list. Last night I inventoried my pantry and fridge, just to see what I had and what I could do (differently) with what I still have left.

Looking at my list and noticing I had 3 very ripe bananas, I made banana bread muffins. I'm constantly looking for items to take on the go for breakfast and these muffins hit the spot. This is the exact recipe I followed with the only changes being that I used 3/4 cup of sugar instead of 1 cup and a muffin pan, cooking for 30 minutes.

Gotta love a little late night baking!

Especially when you get to use these guys. I love having cute cookware because it only makes me want to cook more. This measuring spoon set came from Anthropologie (like something that cute could come from anywhere else).

It's Hump Day! Make it a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...