Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Me + Chocolate = Happy

There's nothing better than chocolate during Christmas, especially if it's small pieces and put in a calendar to heighten the anticipation. Every year for as long as I can remember, my family has always had a Chocolate Advent Calendar to help count down to Christmas. Since there are 3 of us girls in the family, my mom would have to get a Sharpie and initial each day in rotation, so we each got chocolate on the third day (thank goodness the calendar has 24 days so it could evenly be distributed). I could go on and on about the years we had these, from us being extra gracious and cutting up our measly piece of chocolate so everyone could have a small bite, to the last year I was in high school and my mom bought us each our own calendar and we weren't as excited. The biggest rule about the calendar? You must show everyone your piece of chocolate before you eat it because each chocolate has a special imprint on it related to where it is on the big picture on the calendar.

Now that I'm on my own, I still have to have my calendar. When I saw Fresh Market putting them out (before Halloween, mind you), I knew I had to have one.

So, every day, my roommate and I have been rotating chocolate days, noted by our own Sharpie marks.

Yep, we're cool like that. Can't believe there are only 3 more doors to open until Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...