Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I just had one of the most amazing lunches at the Raindrop Turkish House for the Institute of Interfaith Dialogue (see previous posts on IID here). Talk about cultural immersion - these are the nicest, most genuine, humble people I've ever met.


I honestly couldn't tell you the names of each dish but each was fabulous. Here are a few I can remember:
Creamy eggplant (like mashed potatoes but so much better) with beef mixture on top, roasted veggies, herbed rice (was amazing), white/navy bean mix, spinach pastry like spanakopita, and baklava. Unlike the Greeks, they make their baklava with simple syrup instead of honey and it's so light (which is much appreciated with all of the other foods).

Erin and I talked with a few of the women about learning to cook Turkish food and hope to do it soon!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Learning to cook Turkish would be a real treat indeed! Any specific dishes in mind?

    Btw, I'm a journalism student, aspiring journalist too. :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...