Saturday, December 18, 2010

Solstice

I love making holiday goodies! Tonight is our family's Solstice Celebration with our good family friends, the Woolvertons. When we were younger, we started this tradition when my younger sisters and the Woolverton kids watched Little Bear and we celebrated the Winter Solstice, just like Little Bear. That was over 10 years ago and we still celebrate on or near the solstice every year as our family Christmas get-together. My mom is their godmother and I consider Chris and Lucy my godbrother and sister (and Candy and Bill like my godparents), so it all works out.

I went over to my parents house to get ready and make appetizers. I love making Sausage Balls!

Sausage Balls
1 lb. Breakfast Sausage
8 oz. grated sharp cheddar
2 cups Bisquick

Mix all ingredients (be patient, it takes some time) and roll in to balls. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

We are also making Captain Rodneys dip, which is to addictive. It includes 1/4 cup of this guy...

I'll post this recipe later!

Truffles says hello to all of you from Southern Savers (I'm #37)!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...