Monday, March 14, 2011

Shrimp and Goat Cheese Quesadillas

When I woke up yesterday morning from my Daylight Saving Time stupor, the last thing I wanted was breakfast. What I wanted were these quesadillas. It sounds odd for a morning meal, but I've been craving these for days now after seeing a version of them on Eat, Live, Run's blog. After making my trip to Kroger, I came back with bags full of the goodies for this recipe.


I bought a bag of cocktail shrimp with the tail on. I love these because not only are they inexpensive (at $5.99 a bag), they are peeled and cooked.


To thaw, grab a few and put in a colander. Run warm (not hot) water over them, until you can tell they have thawed, which should take less than a minute. They don't have to be thawed all the way just yet, but they don't need to be icy.


Let them sit while you compile the rest of the mix


On the halves of two whole wheat tortillas, sprinkle each with a tablespoon of goat cheese, 1/8 cup of shredded pepper jack cheese, and a little bit of chives (from your garden, of course). Remove the tails from the shrimp, blot off water with a paper towel and add four or five to each half.

Cook in a skillet until side is golden brown. Flip and heat other side until golden brown.


These were amazing!!


Perfect with a little salsa on the side. I may or may not have also made this for dinner with yellow rice on the side.

Shrimp and Goat Cheese Quesadillas
8-10 cocktail shrimp, thawed
1/4 cup pepper jack cheese
2 tablespoons of goat cheese
2 teaspoons of chopped fresh chives

Thaw shrimp in warm water. Set aside. Lay out whole wheat tortillas and sprinkle with both cheeses and chives. Blot shrimp with paper towel and spread evenly over cheese mixture. Fold over and heat in a pan until tortilla is golden. Flip and heat on other side until golden. Cut each tortilla into three pieces and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...