Thursday, March 10, 2011

Vegan Pumpkin Blondies

It seems like I am always making recipes to finish up the last of some ingredient. It's ok, I'm alright with that.

I was looking through my freezer and stumbled upon some frozen pumpkin that, shall we say, looked like it had seen some better days. It wasn't quite enough for the recipe, but it worked out because I had half a sweet potato that needed to be finished up as well.

Sweet Potato (L) and Pumpkin (R)

These were some of the most interesting things I've ever tasted. Exactly the texture of a brownie, exactly the taste of pumpkin... I like it!

Want to make them? I used Allie's recipe with the only changes being my use of 1/2 cup of pumpkin and 1/4 cup of sweet potato. I didn't have pecans, but I had some Dove Valentine's chocolate that needed to be used (see the pattern??), so I chopped up 5 and added them to the mix.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. That looks amazing! Do you have any left over? I want to try one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! You need to come over and try one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, these look so chewy, dense, and delicious. I love pumpkin goodies. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your blondies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/03/sweets-for-saturday-8.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...