Saturday, April 19, 2008

Craftster

I love the website Craftster.org.

One of the ideas I saw the other day, I really wanted to do. Button flowers!

How you guys heard of them?
All you need are buttons of various sizes, flower wire (the kind you use for stems of gerber daisies, etc), and scissors.

For a great tutorial, click here.

Mine turned out like this....


I think they are cute! I wish I had more colorful buttons, but that is something you learn with crafts I guess.

I also worked on my photo essay. I was at Hobby Lobby today looking for black cardstock. I could not find any without getting a 25 or 50 pack and paying $6+. I was looking in the bargain section when I find it- memory book inserts. They had this pack of hole-punched black paper that you just put into a memory book when you run out of pages. It was perfect. Since I had a paper cutter, it was no problem for me to cut off the laminated edge and cut it down to the size I needed. And it was a pack of 15 for $1.50. I love a good deal!

Also while I was out today I had a bit of a "star struck" moment. When I went to Walmart today, I saw Switchfoot there! I know, random. Switchfoot it playing here today and for whatever reason it was, their tour bus was parked at Walmart. As I was driving past I saw Jon Foreman (the lead singer) get in the bus. I was forclempt. I texted people. I freaked-the-heck-out.

After leaving Walmart and driving back onto the street where my dorm is located I saw Jon Foreman AGAIN. This time he was walking in front of my dorm looking at these kids playing football. Today they had this huge football camp for kids and they were playing in the practice fields across the street (the field you see in the post below). My little taste of celebrity today...

Hope you are having a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Ohh! I want to try this! Do you just bundle them all together or do you make individual 'flowers'? You can tell I have not yet looked at the tutorial. But I'm kind of excited about a new centerpiece for my coffee table

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...