Sunday, April 27, 2008

Weekender

This weekend I made a few things and I really wish I had had my camera.

I made a recipe from Pioneer Woman called Olive Cheese Bread. Holy moly, it was great! She has some amazing recipes that I want to try out in the near future. I also wanted to make her "Best Chocolate Sheet Cake," but I didn't get to around to it. Actually, I went to my great aunt's funeral and they had the cake at the lunch afterward. I decided I might as well eat it there and make it later.

I also made some really great chocolate chip cookies and also some really good hashbrowns out of extra potatoes from the night before.

I have not been much of a cook EVER, but I figure I really need to learn to cook food (good food at that) before I get out there on my own. Honestly, I couldn't tell you how long to cook chicken breasts or how to prepare a pot roast. These are the kind of things I need to learn.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it awesome that we feel like we have to know how to cook things like a pot roast?

    I loved that olive bread. so did bryan! It was tasty. I liked it with a bit of cream cheese as well!

    I think you're next trial of hers needs needs needs to either be the apple dumplings or marlboro man's second favorite sandwich!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...