Monday, April 21, 2008

Taaaagggg

I have been given the task of being "tagged." Back in the days of high school we did that all the time on the once popular Xanga (do you guys remember those??).

What was I doing 10 years ago?

I would have been 9, almost ten.
Ok... I am in the 14th grade so I would have been in the... 4th grade?
Ah, yes. I was in Mrs. Starkey's 4th grade class. I gave my sweet mother a very hard time because I wanted braces so so so bad. I would get paper clips and make a retainer-like contraption and try to where it everywhere. Why did I force orthodonture on myself? Your guess is as good as mine.
I, like everyone else, was like, oh my gosh, drooling over the cute guys at school (the one we really liked is at USM with me in one of my classes so I won't blow his cover).


Here's the music that was popular that I was listening to:
1. Hanson (My cousin Cary and I would have Hanson poster contests. She beat me by one poster and I still think she cheated)

2. The Boy is Mine- Brandy and Monica
3. SAVAGE GARDEN
4. My Heart Will Go On- Celine Dion (Wasn't that the year Titanic came out?)
5. Shania Twain (yes, I know)


Five things on my to-do list today:
1. Get Dr. Campbell to sign my internship packet

2. Go to work at the Printz
3. Finish article and mail to editor
4. Finish weather and climate project
5. Call mom

Five things I'd do if I were a billionaire:
1. Travel all over with my family and friends (Ellis family road trips with money involved? A new level would be reached for sure...)

2. Give back to my community (Jackson and Hattiesburg)
3. Pay off any debts by parents have (because I don't have any as of yet, thank goodness)
4. Buy a great house with lots of charm and fix it up (I really have been watching too much HGTV).
5. Invest my "workers" (A definite Truman Ellis term).

Five bad habits:
1. Biting my nails.

2. Freaking out mentally when people don't do things the way I do them.
3. Wanting to be in control (see #2).
4. Not really a bad habit, but, wanting to know everything about everyone, everywhere. If I see a car accident or a police with sirens blaring, I want to know everything that is happening and why. My mother calls this "rubbernecking." I call is "journalistic passion."
5. Buying things I don't need.

Places I've lived

1. Madison, MS
2. Hattiesburg, MS

Five Jobs I've had

1. Barista at Seattle Drip
2. Visual Arts Instructor at the Salvation Army
3. Hourly Reporter for Student Printz
4. Clerical Assistant for Wilson Events and Planning
5. Babysitter

Well, that felt good. I used to love those quizzes to fill out. If I still had my old Xanga, I would go pull one out for you. Alas, I deleted that sucker after the first time I "googled" myself and it showed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...